The Diwali Dozen
With Diwali just around the corner, you are sure to be running through a hundred tasks a day. Here’s a list of Diwali activities, more like a ready guide with handy tips to help you breeze you through Diwali.
- Diwali usually means a deep spring clean for your whole house. Use natural, environment friendly cleaners like vinegar, lemon juice, baking soda etc, to deep clean your house.
- Deep clean closets by removing out all your clothes. Air out the ones you want to wear, and sell the ones that look pretty, but you know you won’t wear. Rent them or sell them on the EthnicThread app to make some quick bucks this festive season.
- Use some old dupattas, and rugs to create a colorful environment around the house. Use these dupattas to fashion cushion covers, throws and lot more. Click here for some dupatta hacks.
- Deep clean kitchen appliances before you prepare Diwali sweets.
- Keep your diet light and healthy. Drink a lot of water to make up for all the festivities you’ll indulge in.
- For your skin, use simple, air based makeup. Light souffles, and pancakes, work better during the festive season when you don’t want to risk a breakout because of clogged pores.
- Get a relaxing spa, or a facial. Search for a beautician using the EthnicThread app.
- Diwali, invariably means tons of crackers and fun. Cut down on the cracker risk, by wearing light cottons while bursting them.
- Keep a first aid kit handy, just in case of a mishap. Keep some burn cream, bandaid, sterile gauze on hand.
- Keep your Diwali gifts packed and ready for when you need to go and deliver them. I know that I am guilty of forgetting gifts, sweets ad chocolates many times!
- Light up your card parties by setting out small diyas around the room.
- Finally, just smile and breeze through the festive season. It’s okay to miss out a detail or two. Don’t fret, don’t stress.